Wednesday 2 February 2011

Today's Special: Cock

With the amount of ‘cultural centres’ all over Thailand, perhaps it is surprising that we don’t see cock on Thai menus more often. Found on Koh Phangan.

As an eternal fan of the A-Team, I have always wondered how the Soldiers of Fortune used to miraculously find themselves in a disused hangar, warehouse or derelict building complete with all the machinery, ammunition, explosives and welding tools needed in order to strategically defeat the bad guys. Perhaps the A-Team should have been filmed in Thailand. Found in Ayuttaya.

I don’t know about you, but if I’m really desperate for the toilet, the last thing I need is an image reminding me how desperate I am. So you want me to piss all over your floor do you? Found in northern Thailand.

If you are a hotel, and you need a sign reminding guests not to bring guns, grenades and drugs into the building, then perhaps this is the least of your problems. Found in Siem Reap, Cambodia.

I admit that sometimes I get bored with going to see a temple, wat or other kind of religious building. Sometimes I find myself childishly aiming resentment towards it as if it is the temple’s or wat’s fault. Imagine how childish I felt then, to have seen this sign and, immediately after cupping my hand over my mouth like Dick Dastardly, started snickering with shrugged shoulders. Found in Vientiane, Laos.

No comments:

Post a Comment